Ecomed Reporter (ER) version 9.22 is a web application for browsing reports created by Ecomed Analyzer (EA) version 9.22 and sorted by organization unit, time period, reporting period and reporting group.
In addition to browsing, Ecomed Reporter supports also printing, commenting, converting to Excel and transferring to Ecomed Analyzer for detailed analyses.
Ecomed Reporter version 9.22 features the following changes over version 9.14:
· New functionality:
o Patient Flow.
· Other improvements:
o Excel support update.
Depending on your local configuration and whether you are using ER via intranet, extranet or Internet, you may be prompted for user name and password that define and also may limit which reports you have access to. Enter your login information and click Login.
When you start the application the report selection page opens.
On the left hand side of the screen you have the organization navigation tree. You can expand (+) and/or collapse (-) different branches of the hierarchy and when you select one unit by clicking on it, the reports for this unit are fetched to the right hand side of the screen. A document icon is shown beside every unit that already has reports. Note that if the icon isn’t present and the unit has subunits (+ mark beside unit name), the subunits may have reports.
If configured, the organization can be changed via the drop-down list on top of the organization tree.
Filters are shown only on the “KPI values and comments” and “Reports” tabs. The filters affect only these tabs.
You can limit the time period of the fetched reports. Each report contains data from a limited time period. ER retrieves the reports whose data is included as a whole inside the given interval. For defining the time period you can either enter the dates directly in the From-To fields, choose preset time spans via the Time span drop-down list to left from the date input fields or you can use calendar date pickers beside each date input field. When using the calendar, first select the month at the top of the calendar and after that the date to be inserted in the date input field. Single arrows in the calendar move one month at a time and double arrows move by quarter year.
Additionally, you can filter reports based on a Reporting period (year, month…). The Reporting period drop-down list is visible only if there is more than one choice available. Selecting for example month lists only reports, that have been created based on monthly input datasets. Such reports do not include reference values from the previous year.
The report list, located on the Reports tab, displays filtered reports arranged under their reporting groups. If a report does not belong to a reporting group, it is placed under a node called “Non-grouped”.
Direct editing (typing or using a date picker) of the From date and To date fields does not update the report list automatically but the Update reports button has to be clicked to update the report list.
Report names are listed and time periods of the reports are displayed as tool tips or in brackets depending on the configuration. The tool tips appear when you hover the mouse over a name of a report. The number of fetched reports is shown right above the report list.
If a report has additional filters set in EA, the names of the filters are shown in parenthesis after the name of the report.
If a report has comments, a balloon icon is shown after the name of the report. When hovering cursor over the icon, a panel with the comments is shown.
All possible reports are not normally created for each organization unit. You can, however, add new reports by selecting the Order reports tab page. On this page you have all possible reports and the ones, that are already subscribed, are checked. You can check additional reports or uncheck existing reports to change your organization unit’s list of subscribed reports per reporting period (yearly, monthly etc.). After having made the selections click the “Subscribe” button and the reports will be generated for your unit next time the reports are updated – normally once a week or once a month.
The KPI values and comments tab displays KPI values and comments of a selected unit.
KPI values are displayed in a grid. Each KPI value row has a link to the report that the value originates from. The filters affect the KPI values displayed.
Unit comments of the selected unit are displayed below KPI values. If a unit has a static comment, it is displayed first followed by periodical comments. Each periodical comment is related to a specific comment period that is comprised of a comment period type (i.e. Month) and a start and end date. Only a comment related to the active comment period can be added or edited, and only one comment period can be active at a time. The filters do not affect the unit comments displayed.
Report comments of the filtered reports are displayed on the Report comments tab with the number of comments in parenthesis. The report comments are ordered descending by creation time.
Key reports are displayed on the Key reports tab. The filters, which are visible on the Reports tab, don’t apply to key reports.
Clicking any report in the report list on the Report Selection page opens it for browsing on the Report Browser page.
At the top of the page you see the name of the report in the drop-down list, the description of the report definition, the unit and its path selected on the Report Selection page, reporting job specific comments. On right there are the time frame and the update date of the report. You can change the selected report with the drop-down list instead of returning to the Report Selection page. The drop-down list contains only the reports that fit the filter criteria selected on the Report Selection page. You need to return to the Report Selection page if you need to select another unit or change the filter criteria.
If there is batch report run or report specific comments defined, they are displayed around the drop-down list – batch report run comments above and report comments below.
The report page includes always a tabular report and optionally one or more graphs based on the report. The tabular view and each graph are presented in separate tab pages.
You can use the following functions to interact with the tabular report.
· Rows of a report can be expanded/collapsed by clicking the +/- signs on left.
· Expanding/collapsing whole levels can be done with the buttons above the grid.
· If the report is very long – more than 256 rows – the report is initially collapsed to the first level.
· Hover the mouse above a column header to see the longer description of the column, if defined.
· Click on the column header for sorting the report based on that column. For numeric columns the sort order is descending and for text and code columns, ascending. The next click on the same column reverses this order. The third click restores the original sort order.
· The Ecomed Analyzer icons allow you, should you have the privileges required, to open the same report in Ecomed Analyzer application for drill-through and other further analyses. The left EA icon opens the report in EA on your workstation and the right one via remote desktop connection. Please refer to EA User’s guide for details.
· The Excel icon allows you to save and open the report as an Excel file (.xls).
· The Text icon allows you to save and open the report as a Text file (.txt).
· At the bottom of the page you can enter and edit the comments of the report. There may also be pre-defined questions to support commenting. After having typed the comment click “Add”.
The following functions affect only the selected graph.
· You can copy the graph to clipboard by clicking it with right mouse button and selecting Copy in your browser menu.
· You can save the graph in a file by clicking the save icon in the top left corner of the graph. The save icon is visible when you hover the cursor over the graph.
The Printer icon opens the printing options panel in which you can set the margins and the orientation (portrait/landscape). After clicking the Print button, the actual page in print-layout opens containing the content of the selected tab (tabular report or graph). The state of the tabular data (expanding/collapsing and sort order) will be forwarded to the print-layout.
You can print out the page by using the print functions of your browser. It’s necessary to set the print orientation and margins of the browser to match those selected in the print options panel to get the desired print, i.e. in Internet Explorer 8 you can find the options in File | Page Setup....
By clicking “Create own report…” (if this has been configured for use in Your Ecomed Reporter instance) in report selection page, you can create a new own report.
First select input dataset, time period, filters, grouping columns and column template and then click “Create report”.
After creation the report can be saved with the buttons below the grid:
· “Save as new” saves the report as a new report which appears in the Report list.
· “Save” overwrites the currently selected report (a report must be selected to use the “Save” button).
By clicking “Patient Flow…” (if this has been configured for use in Your Ecomed Reporter instance) in report selection page opens patient flow page.
In the Patient Flow you can move the nodes by “dragging” them. Double clicking the node will filter the patient flow so that the result shows only flows that go through the double clicked node. Hovering the node will enlarge the node for showing more information. From the enlarged node, clicking the (i) icon will show even more info in a pop-up frame.
Clicking back arrow (if configured to be shown) leads you back to the ER main page.
Episode Profile drop-down list contains all the available patient flows. Episode Profile includes source dataset, episode filter and the patient flow settings for to show the patient flow graph.
The Filter drop-down list (tree) contains the same organization tree that is shown in the main page, except the tree is not filtered but contains all the nodes of the tree. Selecting organization unit will filter the patient flow show that only those episodes are taken that has at least one service that matches to the selected organization unit. This filter can be reset by using the browser’s refresh.
Date filtering works like the organization filter, episode is selected if any of the services is inside the date(s). Date filters have the enabled/disabled check boxes.
Ticking the Show arc numeric values setting will show the transition count through the arc.
Refresh button will apply the selections to the patient flow graph.
EA button generates eac-file of the selection. If EA is installed and configured correctly, then opening the file through the browser should show selected patient flow in EA.
· The user interface in ER is available in English, Finnish and Swedish. Language is selected automatically based on your browser’s language preferences. For example in Internet Explorer version 8 you can change these settings in Tools | Internet Options | Languages.
· Ecomed Reporter supports the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8–11 and the latest version of Google Chrome.
· Depending on configuration of ER, it can be possible to open Ecomed Analyzer through remote connection.
· From the bottom of the pages you can open ER User’s guide, go to your hospital’s intranet page or to FCG Datawell’s home page.
· For very large reports or for detailed layout settings please open the reports as an Excel file and print them out from there, instead of direct printing via ER.
Back to top: Ecomed Reporter – User’s Guide
Ecomed Reporter © 2017 FCG Datawell Oy. All rights reserved.
Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX © Telerik